· It makes sense to look beyond price.
One of my clients was in leafleting and used to get his customers impressive
· Remember that the workers and organisers have to be paid, the organiser
takes a cut and the rest is passed onto the worker. If the amount is too
little, the worker is demotivated and the job is not done well.
· Some workers dump leaflets, this needs watching.
· Multiple leaflets are often put through each door, the secret is to
put as many leaflets in the door as there are door bells.
· A low cost per leaflet, which the job might be sold to you on, makes
a high cost per contact and order if each household receives two leaflets!
· In apartment buildings, leaving a pile in the lobby is a waste. If
possible it is better to gain access and go to each internal door.
· Pick building types and areas according to your market.
· Ignore idiot experts; a retailer friend asked me about leafleting,
I started telling him about how postcodes have been demographically profiled and how
you can buy the walkcodes. He replied "we know what nice houses in nice
streets look like, John!"
· Have a strong simple message and offer.
· Ensure the leafleting is done within your service area.